How to care for your Trupti Bhula Outfit
When purchasing your Trupti Bhula outfit, it’s very important that you know how to care for your piece. All of our fabrics are pure materials, and there a very certain ways to handle the designer pieces.
Prepping to Wear
If your outfit has been stored away for quite some time, you’ll want to allow it to breath for a day or two before you plan to wear it. Though the fabrics are of high quality, sometimes any fabric can stiffen up when folded up for a long period of time.
- When ironing your outfit, we strongly suggest using a steam iron to remove any wrinkles and freshen the outfit. The steam provides a less direct source of heat than a normal iron, and the water particles from the steam will also cleanse and freshen the fabric to its pure state.
- We’ve learned that the best practice in steaming your Trupti Bhula outfit is to hang the outfit and let the steam hit the outfit in its natural state. Many times people make the mistake of laying the outfit flat on an ironing board and steaming it directly. However, we’ve learned that allowing the outfit to hang naturally makes the ironing process quicker and more efficient.
- Storing your outfit is key in the longevity of your piece.
- There are several ways you can store your outfit: hung in spacious closet, hung within a garment bag, or folded neatly into your white Trupti Bhula baggy.
- We understand that not everyone has the space to hang every indian outfit, which is why we prove white baggy’s with all of our outfits. We want to avoid having the outfit be in a position where other outfits can scratch up or latch onto the material of our piece.
- It is very important that you follow these suggestions for storage to avoid hanging threads, stains, or ruined fabrics.
Incase of Stains
- These outfits are often worn at indian functions, and with all indian functions comes indian food.
- If an outfit is stained, we strongly suggest taking it to a professional dry cleaners that knows how to handle formal wear. Our fabrics are pure so dry cleaners have the means and tools to take care of it.
- We understand that not everyone has the time or budget to take every outfit to the dry cleaners for every so we recommend that the stain be handled in a very detailed and focus way. We suggest dabbing a water soaked cloth on the stain to try to absorb as much of the dirt as possible. Do not scrub or rub the stain with a cloth as that will only spread the stain.
- Picking the perfect tailor to complete your alterations can be stressful and not every city has tailors readily available in the event that alterations need to be made.
- If alterations are ever needed, we have an inhouse tailor who can provide alterations that are priced depending on the type of alteration necessary.
Important things to know when getting outfit altered elsewhere
- Never let the tailor cut out any of our fabrics without consulting us. Once a piece has been cut, we have no way of reversing that and we are not liable for re-making the piece.
- Make sure the tailor is fully aware of how the piece works. We have pockets in all our outfits so the tailor will need to take that into account when altering an outfit near that area. We also have 3 layers in most of our bottoms, so altering the length will need to be done to all 3 areas.
- Our finishing is very particular so be sure to preserve that in every way possible when altering.
We hope you love your Trupti Bhula piece just as much as we loved creating it for you. If you ever have any questions or concerns on caring for your piece, feel free to contact us!